ALARMINGNEWS_1_1.jpg

July 06, 2004

$$$

I know I have a lot of history buffs for readers so maybe you can answer me this: is the Kerry/Edwards ticket the richest in history (as noted by Charles Johnson)?

Posted by Karol at July 6, 2004 06:28 PM | TrackBack
Comments

In terms of cash and not including inflation, probably. But something tells me the Jackson-Calhoun ticket of 1824 and 1828 would be based on their investments in land, livestock and the peculiar institution of human bondage. Of course the Jackson-Calhoun ticket of 1824 lost to the Adams-Calhoun ticket of 1824 which was the first John-John ticket ever (and much like this John-John ticket featured a Mass man and a SC native).

Posted by: Von Bek at July 7, 2004 10:34 AM

karol - I assume you are referring to personal wealth, not their actual campaign budget, which is a drop in the bucket compared with Bush/Cheney.

Posted by: Steff at July 7, 2004 10:39 AM

Actually, Steff, they've surpassed Bush in fundraising. Kerry now has 180 million to Bush's 165 million. But yes, I was talking about personal wealth.

Von Bek, I knew I can count on you. Did you see my post mentioning you a few days ago?

Posted by: Karol at July 7, 2004 10:47 AM

Oops my bad if that is true. As of late May it was reported Bush/Cheney had over $200 million, with Kerry hovering at around half that. I've seen more recent reports that Kerry has garnered double the funds of Bush this year, so it must've been a quick catch up if he's surpassed, either that or CNN was waaaay off (which you might attribute to their left leaning bias. either that or they really are crap.)

Posted by: Steff at July 7, 2004 11:06 AM

Yes and I let it pass. You like GA so far ?

Posted by: Von Bek at July 7, 2004 12:46 PM

Love it! I was made to live in a 'red' state.

Posted by: Karol at July 7, 2004 02:03 PM

Glad to hear it.

Posted by: Von Bek at July 7, 2004 02:26 PM

1928 this is a great plae to play texas holdem online. feel free to try out the http://texas-holdem.big.gb.com for big bonuses! texas holdem poker

Posted by: http://texas-holdem.big.gb.com at October 18, 2004 03:06 AM