ALARMINGNEWS_1_1.jpg

May 12, 2005

About last night

If you weren't in Williamsburg, Brooklyn watching the Wifebeaters, you should feel a deep sense of shame and loss today. They were terrific. Bloggers in attendence (not including the all-blogger band of Jessica, Ivan, Yaron and Del) were Ari, Lisa, Petitedov, Zelda, and Steve. Also there were my friends Frank White and Dude? all the way from 'real' Brooklyn. And, of course, Kommander Djin, formerly of the Communists for Kerry, currently of The People's Cube. All the wifebeaters were adorable, though I've still yet to meet the illusive drummer Del, but I've got the most love in my heart for the wife:

Jess.jpg
She rocked.

Ivan and I took some close-up shots of ourselves back at Kommander Djin's place, but they weren't very flattering so here's our knees:

legs.jpg

Yes, I wore fishnets.

Posted by Karol at May 12, 2005 11:14 AM | TrackBack
Comments

I would have been there if it weren't for the hundreds of miles between Dallas and Brooklyn.

Meanwhile, I hope the "kneeblogging" meme takes off.

Posted by: Shawn at May 12, 2005 12:14 PM

That song I was singing was dedicated to your fishnets.

Hottt

Posted by: Jessica at May 12, 2005 03:20 PM

Shame and loss sums it up. Today, I got an invite to an art-thing in New York (a HS friend married an NYC artist-we do NOT see eye-to-eye). I don't think I'll make THAT show either, given that I live in Detroit.

Posted by: carin at May 12, 2005 03:48 PM

Damn. Make me jealous, why don't you.

Bah.

Posted by: kat at May 12, 2005 03:50 PM

Meanwhile, I hope the "kneeblogging" meme takes off.

Anyone seen the French film "Claire's Knee"? Reminds me of that.

Posted by: Steve at May 12, 2005 05:00 PM

Karol, I know my friend's band is planning on doing some benefit gig in June with three other acts. I'm not sure of the details, but I'll definitely let you know about when it is, if you're interested. Two sites to check out would be Junior and Sons and The Art of Shooting.
J&S are your regular RnRers and TAOS sound like Throwing Muses circa their first album.

Posted by: Daniel Peterson at May 12, 2005 05:31 PM

Dood, that Jessica broad looks hot.

Posted by: Sean at May 12, 2005 07:30 PM

Yeah babe, It's all about the fishnets.

Now, if Laura and the Bush twins wore those more often; we may even get world peace ;)

Posted by: Loni at May 12, 2005 11:48 PM

I have a tele burst that is identical to her strat.

Posted by: Daniel Peterson at May 13, 2005 11:49 AM

I'm ashamed I didn't check AN often enough to get the info before it happened. I would have loved to be there. *sniff*

And Ivan is on the damn Liberal Hawks list too, why didn't any of you email us????? You probly could have had an xtra 10 people there.

Posted by: Yehudit at May 13, 2005 09:04 PM