ALARMINGNEWS_1_1.jpg

August 31, 2006

Crazy or terrorist? (An Alarming News Continuing Series)

Omeed Aziz Pop, drives SUV into crowd of pedestrians in California.

Previous:

French teenager with gun threatens tourists.

Woman freaks out on airplane, implies she's Al Qaeda, pees on floor.

Posted by Karol at August 31, 2006 08:06 AM | TrackBack
Comments

Have you seen the bathrooms in Pakistan? She held it throughout her trip and let go once she was on the airplane.

Posted by: Jake at August 31, 2006 11:57 AM

MSM thinks Omeed is a bad guy, not because he injured 12 Jewish people, but because he drove an SUV.

Posted by: Jake at August 31, 2006 12:00 PM

I vote crazy on this one. I LOVE this game!

Posted by: Not Dawn Summers at August 31, 2006 01:11 PM

I had some heated exchanges w/ bloggers of the Omeed case. I say it's low-grade jihad -- though still deadly -- cultural sense. (The way Adam Sandler or Barbra Streisand are Jews -- they are, but only by extraction.)

Nitty-gritty questions should come to the fore in understanding Popal: the freedom of dating in a secular society vs. arranged marriage, the misery of living with mental illness. The combination of these pushed him over the edge. How he expressed it, however -- comandeering a vehicle, rampaging through one of the most affluent and Jewish sections of SF -- that's Muslim, that's jihad, that's copycat terrorism in the image of Mohammed Atta and Naveed Haq.

Posted by: Jeremayakovka at August 31, 2006 01:49 PM

I agree crazy!! and i agree it was jew hatred in the omeed case!

Posted by: sara at August 31, 2006 06:01 PM

This sooo should be a Jeopardy category. Going with crazy on this one.

Posted by: Shawn at August 31, 2006 10:35 PM

I say terrorist who went crazy

Posted by: dan the Democrat at September 1, 2006 10:19 AM

One can be crazy, and still be guilty of homicide and attempted homicide. I wouldn't write him off as crazy and technically not culpable so quickly. I hope his bride in Pakistan can get an anullment.

Posted by: sam at September 1, 2006 11:22 AM