ALARMINGNEWS_1_1.jpg

August 21, 2007

Karol on sports?

Like everyone else, I love me some Joba (hat-tip Peter), but the next Yankee player shirt I'm going to buy is Shelley Duncan. I love his enthusiasm. From Wiki:

Duncan is also joked about by announcers for his very enthusiastic high fives and chest bumps in the dugout with his teammates. This lead to the creation of his nickname, "Slam" Duncan. Yankee manager, Joe Torre, has said in an interview with the YES Network that he tries to avoid Shelley whenever he is celebrating.

Love it.

On another note, I recently realized how easy it is to turn me into a fan of a team. Essentially, if you get me a clothing item from the team, I'm a fan for life. I've written before that it's how I became a supporter of Glasgow Celtic and Sunderland, my interest in the Yankees spiked when I acquired a Hideki Matsui shirt and North Carolina became my college basketball team when a friend got me their championship shirt. I blame my lack of team attire for my inability to pick a football team to support.

Posted by Karol at August 21, 2007 11:16 AM | TrackBack
Comments

Green is a very sexy color. JETS have green uniforms (much nicer green than the ugly Eagles green). Chad Pennington also has a very nice ass. Suffice to say the JETS are your only option.

Posted by: Frank White at August 21, 2007 11:42 AM

This is actually funny. Karol on sports is the equivalent of Democrats on foreign policy..WEAK!

Don't you realize what she's doing?...she wants free clothing in exchange for fictitous support of a team...

that being said, I think the burgundy and gold of America's team, the Washington Redskins would match your hair quite well...In addition, being a republican, you will be proud to note that the Redskins are the # 1 valued franchise in north america, worth an estimated 1.4 billion.

Posted by: Larry at August 21, 2007 12:09 PM

Oh, you don't need a football team. As long as you have the Yankees, all else is inferior.

But if you must, I bet you'd look good in aqua.

Posted by: Peter at August 21, 2007 12:41 PM

Sunderland is back in the Premier League this season.

Posted by: BadBoyInASuit at August 21, 2007 01:37 PM

With or without a team’s apparel you’re a Yankee, Jets, and even a Rangers (hockey) fan (in that order). Bet you didn’t know you’re a fan of hockey. You’re not allowed to root for the Mets or Giants no matter what apparel you may get. I’ll let you root for the Knicks because they are from New York and the fans are sure this is the year..lol

In case you forgot, I’ll tell you what happened in 2000, the Yankees abused the Mets in the World Series. Although this has nothing to do with your post, I’m sure some Met fan will read and respond by whining or saying something like “we have a better record than the Yankees”, or “scoreboard” or my personal favorite “you weren’t alive for most of the championships the Yankees won”. Yes they are right, I’m 25 and the Yankees have 26 Championships so do the math.

Posted by: Ronnie at August 21, 2007 02:08 PM

Really? So what would happen, hypothetically speaking, if someone got you a Red Sox or Rangers (Scottish Premier League) jersey?

Posted by: Shawn at August 21, 2007 02:37 PM

Well, they're just too late. Had they gotten to me first, who knows? Despite what my brother writes above, though, I'm still open to hockey teams. I own only the 4 sports items described above (I own more Celtic stuff than anything else. I have a scarf, a hat and a shirt) and they are my teams.

Posted by: Karol at August 21, 2007 02:55 PM

Sunderland is back in the Premier League this season.

I know. Very excited.

Posted by: Karol at August 21, 2007 02:58 PM

There is only one America's team (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America's_Team) and it aint the skins and their cross-dressing fans.

Posted by: These colors don't run at August 21, 2007 03:07 PM

Seriously, if you're a yankee and cowboy fan, you're the hillary clinton of sports fans....I hope this will clear your mind of these rubbish franchises...I can't imagine anything worse then being compared to hillary.

just so you know, it's all about washington redskin football...detroit tiger baseball....philadelphia flyers hockey...philadelphia 76ers basketball....learn to love it, baby!

Posted by: Larry at August 21, 2007 03:13 PM

Cross dressing fans?...Redskin nation is very comfortable in their own skin.

Posted by: Larry at August 21, 2007 03:23 PM

hey Larry - 5576 - isn't that the Jewish Calendar year?

Posted by: Ari at August 21, 2007 03:53 PM

Here's another reason to like Joba. I really hope we get to see him mow down some Red Sox batters next week.

Posted by: Peter at August 21, 2007 03:58 PM

Interesting comments,I learned:

Frank likes Chad's ass(dude???).

Ronnie despite 26 WS victories of confidence, still fears the Mets enough to bring some hate out when it is not required.

And Karol being a fan is not about fashion, but simply giving a shit whether your team wins and loses over a long period of time. So attach your emotions to what ever sparkles out there and just stick with it.

Damn the Mets,Jets,Knicks,Islanders,Fighting Irish,Red Storm are all kinda sparkly...

Posted by: M at August 21, 2007 05:29 PM

The other thing the Redskins have is the greatest and most well known fight song in all professional sports....I want you to learn it..

Hail To The Redskins, hail victory, braves on the warpath, fight for old DC...run or pass and score we want alot more...beat em, swamp em, touchdown, let the points soar...fight on, fight on till you have won sons of washington.....

Posted by: Larry at August 21, 2007 05:36 PM

As long as you have the Yankees, all else is inferior

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Now THAT is funny.

You, of course, mean the cursed Yankees. Ever since this.

Posted by: Radical Redneck at August 21, 2007 09:54 PM

Scoreboard.

and

First place team says, "what?"

Posted by: Not Dawn Summers at August 22, 2007 12:38 PM

M, I’m not hating on the Mets, I’m just stating facts. I or any Yankee fan cannot fear the Mets because we beat them when it counted (2000 World Series). It’s just hilarious to me that a lot of Met fans are talking a lot of shit this season, because they are in first place, who cares? WIN SOMETHING. Saying stuff like “good job with Clemens, $100,000 a pitch”, like I’m the one paying his salary. YES, we have the highest salary in baseball, so what? As we have seen, having the highest salary in baseball is not going to win the Yankees any Championships. What have the Mets accomplished since 86? Good regular season records with a few trips to the NLCS and one trip to the World Series? Over 20 years with no rings and Met fans are saying something about the Yankees? I don’t understand the argument.

Posted by: Ronnie at August 22, 2007 12:51 PM

It ain't me Ronnie,

The Met fans that talk mindless shit are probably much like the Yankee fans that came to the city from Oklahoma in 99', went to one game and did the Hillary. They probably don't even know who Gil Hodges is. That being said, the number of Yankee fans that talk shit not really knowing the game are at least equal to the number of those Met fans if not doubling them. I personally have maintained all year that the Yankees should still make the playoffs and have not talked any of the trash of which you have spoke. In baseball as in life if someone is speaking nonsense ignore them. My only comment is that you pulled the 2000 trump card out to soon, especially since no Yankee trashing by Mets fans occured on this string of comments. Finnaly remember between 47-54 the Brooklyn Dodgers lost 5 world series to the Yanks with many of the losses coming in a game seven. The 55' win by the Dodgers was not diminished by the prior losses and is remembered as the greatest series that has gone done in NYC.
So don't worry about trash talking met fans and get your as to the playoffs so we can really talk some shit.

Posted by: M at August 22, 2007 07:36 PM

It was a jab at Dawn Summers. Background:

Posted by: Karol at August 23, 2007 10:03 AM

While Dawn knows who Gil Hodges is(maybe...???), her comments do not necessarilly reflect that of all Met fans, just most. Still I would say that her post was somewhat a fair reflection of that game, and her spin on your cheering painted you in a very posative light. If we are the worst Met fans you have to deal with it aint so bad.

Posted by: M at August 23, 2007 11:46 AM

E0ufXg fdsprnbgdbyo, [url=http://vpdfuxxcipjb.com/]vpdfuxxcipjb[/url], [link=http://tzilyhbskowe.com/]tzilyhbskowe[/link], http://tngafwmpprrj.com/

Posted by: nuouxlcl at February 22, 2010 10:47 PM