ALARMINGNEWS_1_1.jpg

September 27, 2007

I'm the NRA and I vote.

K

UPDATE: Azi has a post on the dinner (although I feel the St. John's rreference is wildly unrelated) and also reposts the picture above.

And yes, Ron Paul supporters were out in force, both inside and outside the event. I've said it before, I'll say it again, there's a dedication there that seriously impresses me.

Posted by Karol at September 27, 2007 09:05 AM | TrackBack
Comments

I know it's "not loaded" and your finger isn't near the trigger, but don't point a gun at another person you don't intend to shoot.

Basic gun safety.

Poseur!

Posted by: Joe Grossberg at September 27, 2007 09:33 AM

I was pointing it at Azi Paybarah. He probably deserved it. :-)

Posted by: Karol at September 27, 2007 10:22 AM

c'mon karol, no smiling when holding a gun. ;)
btw, there's a flickr site called gals n' guns or something. you should submit your photo.

Posted by: pn at September 27, 2007 10:34 AM

Ok, you win...yours IS bigger than mine !

Posted by: BadBoyInASuit at September 27, 2007 12:54 PM

Any Ron Paul supporters show up at the NRA event? Maybe your readers would like to hear about them.

Posted by: E5 at September 27, 2007 04:46 PM

I (heart) chicks packing!

Posted by: Radical Redneck at September 27, 2007 04:51 PM

I think the NRA are missing a trick in the USA. They should award people (their members) certificates to say they have a good understanding of what it means to own a gun, and how to minimise the chances of anything untoward happening to them in terms of, for instance, their kids accidentaly getting hold of them. It would make them look like the responsible gun owners they want to look like, and lower the chances of any gun-related curbing of their rights. I could see there being a little badge in the window of a house which more or less says "Not only do I own a gun, but I have it handy, and I'm quite good at using it!" I'd be interested to see what anyone else thought.
Karol, a side on pic would've made things clearer. Nobody wear any 'mod' gear near you (it has a target on it).

Posted by: bryan at September 27, 2007 04:52 PM

I believe the NRA does that already, Bryan. I remember that you can get certificates to show your gun skills.

Here's a better picture of the gun (worse shot of me, though :-) ):

Posted by: Karol at September 27, 2007 05:23 PM

Aren't the certificates just given for shooting accuracy? I don't remember gun ownership/care (other than maybe how to clean one's firearms) being on the exam.

Posted by: Alceste at September 27, 2007 05:46 PM

Yes, I'm more thinking of a course with components like "Dumb places to practice", and "why your guns should be hard to access for your kids". These things would stop a lot of inadvertent harm befalling the owners families and also(in the case of Elvis) the TV!

Posted by: bryan at September 29, 2007 11:07 AM

Speaking as an NRA certified a Distinguished Expert (4 position small bore rifle category), you are holding that thing completely wrong! The kickback alone will leave SUCH a mark in your neck, and possibly shatter your jaw! It looks like you're holding a 12-gauge pump action shotgun. Square up a bit more to your target and lean in a bit. Put the butt of the gun just below your collarbone and to the left of your shoulder joint. Now aim and squeeze and watch your home intruder burst into multiple bits! Wasn't that nice?

Posted by: Jamie at October 1, 2007 12:54 PM

Jamie, you are a bad man; thinkof the furniture! Blood is a sod to remove, and gore moreso.

Posted by: bryan at October 1, 2007 08:41 PM

I would imagine, I should add, please don't add me to a watchlist!

Posted by: bryan at October 1, 2007 08:42 PM