ALARMINGNEWS_1_1.jpg

February 06, 2008

Seriously. I'm embarrassed for you.

Rock Around Barack by Pearl Jam.

Posted by Karol at February 6, 2008 09:27 PM | TrackBack
Comments

Yuck! come on pearl jam!

(my brother was at Union University).. but he's OK

Posted by: Rachel D at February 7, 2008 12:12 AM

I heard snippets of this on O&A the other day.

"Sophomoric" doesn't even begin to do justice to this idiocy.

Posted by: Gerard at February 7, 2008 12:17 AM

Sophomoric doesn't even begin to describe the career of Pearl Jam. They are the worst band in the world and I have never hated anyone to the degree like I've hated them. Tuneless, sludgy music with mediocre guitar wankery and grating whiny vocals. Oh, I'm so miserable. I'm making videos for MTV but I don't wanna be famous. I'm gonna wear an army helmet around town because I'm so alternative, but I don't want people to pay attention to me. I'm gonna show up to your awards ceremony and whine some more when I win an award. I moan my lyrics because I'm so miserable. Eddie Vedder is the worst singer I ever had to listen to and then a thousand bands to come after them had to copy his vocal style. It's enough to make me want to set off firecrackers in my ears so I'd never have to listen to this shit again. Remember their whole war against Ticketmaster? Guess who resumed selling tickets through Ticketmaster? Remember how they campaigned tirelessly for Nader and the Greens in 2000? Guess who turned their back on Nader and the Greens in 2004 so they could shill for John F*ing Kerry, of all people? They can't embarrass themselves enough, if you ask me.

Posted by: Marco at February 7, 2008 01:42 AM

Whew! Preach it Marco! This blind idolatry of Barack is really confusing.

Posted by: Craig at February 7, 2008 08:32 AM

Oof.

Posted by: Christopher Calandro at February 7, 2008 09:29 AM

You neglected to mention their butchery of a great oldie, "Last Kiss."

Forget about Metallica, if they really want to torture the guests of Club Gitmo they need to play them Eddie Vedder on a non-stop loop.

Posted by: Gerard at February 7, 2008 10:27 AM

Pretty bad.

Posted by: Toby at February 7, 2008 11:21 AM

I always wondered why Eddie Vedder has a chip on his shoulder. So many of his songs are about the David vs. Goliath motif.

And then I found out he's like 5'4".

Posted by: BadBoyInASuit at February 7, 2008 12:28 PM

Are you suggesting a Napoleon complex?

Posted by: Gerard at February 7, 2008 02:20 PM

Wow. If Obama can get Pearl Jam back together, anything's possible. ;)

Posted by: Shawn at February 7, 2008 03:52 PM

3 things in life are guaranteed: death, taxes and Pearl Jam diving into the Stoooooopid Pool's™ deep end. *puke*

Posted by: Radical Redneck at February 8, 2008 09:16 AM

Wow. Pearl Jam never broke up. Get your facts straight. You may want to get used to having a black president because it is going to happen.

Posted by: John at July 5, 2008 08:42 PM