ALARMINGNEWS_1_1.jpg

July 29, 2008

This guy was almost president

Say what you will about George W. Bush, he's unlikely to be photographed at a party with drunk college girls drinking beer through penis-shaped straws. Laura would never stand for that.

John Kerry drunk party.jpg

Rest of the pics at TMZ.

Hat-tip Dana Superstar.

Posted by Karol at July 29, 2008 12:24 PM | TrackBack
Comments

This is some alarming news indeed. I couldn't stop laughing. Girls falling over themselves drunk. Drinking with penis shaped straws and Kerry was right in the middle of it all.

I love it.

Posted by: coorepublica at July 29, 2008 01:12 PM

Ummm, this wasn't taken at a party. It's out in the street outside a restaurant where Kerry was eating.

Geez

Posted by: MNgoodguy at July 29, 2008 01:43 PM

Bet his aides didn't let him drive off with any of those cuties after the party.

Posted by: GarandFan at July 29, 2008 01:45 PM

Watch out, Mamma T's going to cram a can of soup where the sun don't shine.

Posted by: Ralph Crossen at July 29, 2008 01:46 PM

Looks like his tan is fading..

Posted by: hsmith at July 29, 2008 02:18 PM

I hope he didn't tell the ladies that he was a VietNam veteran and that he was a hero and was in Cambodia on a secret mission.

Posted by: Goose Goldberg at July 29, 2008 02:38 PM

Why does he look like a cardboard cutout?

Posted by: Gerard at July 29, 2008 02:43 PM

REPORTING FOR DUTY !!!!!!!

Posted by: rjoco at July 29, 2008 03:12 PM

Is that George Eads from CSI behind Kerry?

Posted by: aly at July 29, 2008 03:18 PM

"Why does he look like a cardboard cutout?"

What do you mean - he's always been that shallow.

"REPORTING FOR BOOTY !!!!!!!"

Posted by: DamnCat at July 29, 2008 03:18 PM

Obviously this cadre of penis drinking lassies have passed the "global test."

Posted by: Captain America at July 29, 2008 03:28 PM

This is a resume enhancement!

Posted by: dana superstar at July 29, 2008 03:44 PM

@MNgoodguy,
Restaurant? Other than the group pic above, it looks like they're on a boat to me. Did you look at the rest of the pictures?

Posted by: Hecubus at July 29, 2008 03:47 PM

Damn. What might have been.

*faints*

Posted by: Snoop-Diggity-DANG-Dawg at July 29, 2008 04:46 PM

What is the deal with his eyebrows? Have they always had that "45 degree/sliding off his face" look?

Posted by: Nobody knows I'm a sock puppet at July 29, 2008 06:46 PM

Sadly Kerry is showing a lot more personality here than he did in the whole 2004 election.

And while I think Kerry was a bit over the top about his military service (not that McCain, the candidate I will vote for isn't, I mean how subtle is that Navy baseball hat?), do we really need to make our points by making puns on the reporting for duty line? I can't say I respect that much about John Kerry but I will say he was an Ivy League kid who actually had a choice and went to Vietnam. As the son of a Vietnam Vet, I have to say, even with his Vietnam Vets against the war crap, Kerry did a lot more than most of the best and the brightest elite snots at the colleges who burnt their draft cards and fled while blue collar guys across the nation did their duty.

Posted by: Von Bek at July 29, 2008 07:29 PM

Von Bek, he also did more service than a lot of the guys who have warred it up in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Posted by: bryan at July 30, 2008 04:59 AM

I don't know about that bryan. I will say he has done a hell of a lot more than a lot of people of the age of military service who want us to go into Iraq. And Iran. And Syria. And wherever else. You know, those people who will cheerfully pick up copies of the Weekly Standard and won't pick up a rifle. Not that I am any better, I'm not but I am also generally not one to attack the military records of candidates, even those I can't stand like Kerry.

Posted by: Von Bek at July 30, 2008 05:23 AM

Yes, inadvertantly shooting pieces of a rice paddy reed up your ass and winging an already half-dead Commie in pajamas really is valorous service. How dare someone who's spent multiple tours fending off self-immolating jihadis and dodging VBIEDs compare himself to Lurch.

Posted by: Gerard at July 30, 2008 08:03 AM

"Yes, inadvertantly shooting pieces of a rice paddy reed up your ass and winging an already half-dead Commie in pajamas really is valorous service."

Is that your take on what the American serviceman did in Vietnam or, as I'm hoping, is that your take on Kerry's record?

Posted by: Von Bek at July 30, 2008 08:23 AM

Is that guy to the right of Hairy Kerry the Serbian basketball player wanted for beating up some student at SUNY Binghamtom and is now living in Serbia?

Posted by: Farkle McBride at July 30, 2008 09:33 AM

It's my take on Kerry's inflated, self-serving, vaguely Kennedyesque attempt to jumpstart his political career.

I've never heard of someone who spent so few months inside of a theater who accrued so many military honors in such a short period of time. He's also the only person I know of who actually lobbied-or enlisted others to lobby on his behalf-to be awarded specific medals and ribbons. 90 percent of the Swifties who served with him think he's a fraud, which is evidence enough for me.

Watch "The Matchmaker," it's the best summation of what a fraud Kerry is, notwithstanding the fact that it's a quasi-fictionalized comedy.

Posted by: Gerard at July 30, 2008 11:05 AM

I will be sure to do so. My concern with a lot of the Kerry attacks back in 2004 was how, at first glance, they seemed to offer discredit to the entire military. That somehow awards were given out a dime a dozen in Vietnam. Soltinhtyzn has a section in "November 1916" when he deals with this and talks about how it utterly killed morale in the Tsar's army as awards were given without merit by a bloated and corrupt leadership and some of the first lines of attack on Kerry's record reminded me a bit too much of that. They were much less offensive, and a lot more effective, when these attacks focused on just Kerry and not the entire army in Vietnam.

Posted by: Von Bek at July 30, 2008 11:52 AM

Has anybody else noticed the striking resemblance between the senator and the straw?

Posted by: TJR inPHX at July 30, 2008 02:17 PM

Gerard, I've seen similarly scathing disrespect given to McCain's war service (I'm not even gonna quote them). I think the fact that they went is a good start.
Von Bek, sorry, I spoke badly. I was referring to W, Rummy and Cheney as people who never went to war, but were more than happy to send others. Lions led by donkeys, I'm reminded of (although IMO Clemenceau was probably one of the people who fucked up the 20th century and managed not to be villified too badly because of it).

Posted by: bryan at July 30, 2008 07:00 PM

Kerry held that red cup very well.

Posted by: Sisyphus at July 30, 2008 10:40 PM

well at least hes a little different than clinton.... haha

Posted by: Diana at July 31, 2008 03:15 AM

bryan, yeah I'm usually not one to play the chicken hawk card but yeah there is something harrowing when a nation wishes to continually go to war and yet the elites of the nation will not fight it. I mean think about it. McCain's and Jim Webb's kids-uhm I think Biden has a son over there-these are the exceptions and not the rule anymore. I have no idea when it began-I mean all of TR's sons went to the Great War (and yes, I'm with you on Clemeanceau who was an SOB; I generally think the Great War, especially Wilson's leading America into it, caused all of the problems of the last century) and one of them was killed and a lot of them fought in WW2. FDR's sons all went in the service. Hell, LBJ had no kids but his son in law Chuck Robb went overseas. Now you can lose too many of the elites in a war-look again at WW1. I suspect the leadership of France and England were never the same. But the tradition is basically dead. Again, not that I am any better. And I'm not saying the Bush twins need to enlist. But it does reflect poorly on our culture.

Posted by: Von Bek at July 31, 2008 03:31 PM