ALARMINGNEWS_1_1.jpg

October 31, 2008

There's something happening here

On a stroll around the neighborhood to get some air this afternoon, I saw the grizzliest old white man you ever did see, wearing camouflage pants and a fishing hat. I could see he had a button on his hat and thought to myself "if there is a John McCain supporter on the upper west side, that's him." As I got closer I saw what the button actually was: A Cynthia McKinney button!

A few blocks later I walked by another man, this time a black guy wearing a Fairway apron, also wearing a McKinney button! I never thought I'd say this but, Go Cynthia McKinney!

I especially like this Pennsylvania website op-ed: Support Obama, and Vote McKinney? Not a contradiction.

Nope, not at all. You should vote for McKinney particularly if you support Obama. Not a contradiction at all, in fact it's what you should do (particularly those of you in Florida, Ohio, Virginia, Colorado and Pennsylvania.)

Posted by Karol at October 31, 2008 05:51 PM | TrackBack
Comments

Evidently the asylum was out on a day pass.

Posted by: Casca at October 31, 2008 06:40 PM

Did you see the comments of the people at the link? Good Lord Have Mercy! Were these people raised by wolves?

Posted by: Swink at October 31, 2008 11:56 PM

Actually, the article spells out the states where you can support Obama and vote McKinney:

There is not a contradiction between spending time to campaign for Obama in key swing states, and pledging your own vote to McKinney – particularly in Democratic strongholds such as California, Massachusetts, Illinois, New Jersey, Connecticut, Vermont, Oregon, or Washington, where Obama will win landslide; or Republican states where McCain is assured of victory.

None of the states you list qualify. But I think it's awesome that in one day you write "Go Cynthia Mckinney." And vote mccain/palin '08. Ok, I just think it's awesome that you write "Go Cynthia Mckinney." That should be your tagline. There might be hope for you yet.

Posted by: nds at November 1, 2008 01:17 AM

What's the surprise? Karol has an affinity for deranged psychotic black women.

Posted by: Casca at November 1, 2008 02:58 PM